Desart Inc is the peak body for Aboriginal Art and Craft Centres in Central Australia with membership encompassing over 8000 artists. We are a collective voice for art centres on matters of shared interest and we deliver programs to members that support the development and maintenance of strong governance, administration and infrastructure.
The Executive Administrator position is a new full-time role created to fulfil the growing needs of our organisation and membership.
We are looking for a team player who is enthusiastic, innovative and ready to take on any challenge to support the CEO and organisation as a whole.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- coordination of the CEO’s diary, including meetings, phone calls and travel
- liaison with stakeholders, members and the public, taking action and providing solutions, where appropriate
- coordination of Board meetings, including travel, catering, reporting packs and minute-taking
- monitoring of available funding opportunities
- oversight of funding applications including project and deadline management
- oversight and assistance with the completion and timeliness of internal and external reporting
- development and implementation of marketing and communication initiatives (social media, press releases, website)
- leading staff meetings and project debrief sessions
- other administration activities, as required by the CEO
All applications will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated high-level experience in administration and organisational support
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) with colleagues, members and stakeholders
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software and systems
- Ability to work effectively, independently, as well as in a group, using initiative and self-direction
- Highly developed time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge and interest in the Indigenous art and craft industry
- Experience in project/event management, marketing and communications
- Understanding of grant/funding applications and acquittals
Salary and Conditions
A full-time 12 month initial contract will be offered to the successful applicant with an option for further extensions based on performance and organisational funding.
An attractive salary will be offered plus 6 weeks annual leave.
All applications must include a current CV and cover letter that addresses the above Selection Criteria.
Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm CST on 10 May 2017.