The Finance Officer position is a newly created full-time role to fulfil the growing needs of our organisation and membership.
We are looking for a team player who is enthusiastic, innovative and ready to take on any challenge to provide financial management and human resources support to the organisation.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
• Financial Management (MYOB data entry, budgeting, monthly reporting to CEO and Program Managers, creditors, debtors, banking, payroll, ATO obligations, FBT annual returns, reconciliations, audit & financial statement preparation)
• Governance (quarterly financial reporting and presentation to the Board)
• Information Technology (initial help desk, contact with consultants)
• Grant Applications and Acquittal & Performance Reporting (assistance with the financial component of proposals, reports and acquittals)
•Human Resources (assistance to the CEO with HR administration activities including compliance, policies & procedures, recruitment, contracts, WH&S and leave obligations)
•Other Administration (limited to activities related to finance and human resources aspects of the Desart office)
All applications will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
• Vocational or tertiary qualification in a finance or accounting-related field
•Demonstrated experience and understanding of financial management and reporting, including budgeting, payroll, invoicing, general ledger and financial reports
•BAS Agent registered or ability to obtain
•Demonstrated experience and understanding of HR administration
•Effective communication (both written and verbal) with colleagues, members and stakeholders
•Advanced skills in MYOB
•Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software and systems
•Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a group, using initiative and self-direction
•Highly developed time management skills
•Exceptional attention to detail
•Understanding of the Indigenous art and craft industry
•Experience in grant management, including budgeting for grant/funding applications and acquittal submissions
•IT-problem solving skills
Salary and Conditions
A full-time 12 month initial contract will be offered to the successful applicant with an option for further extensions based on performance and organisational funding. An attractive salary will be offered plus 6 weeks annual leave.
All applications must include a current CV and cover letter that addresses the above Selection Criteria. Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com by 5:00pm CST on Monday 9 October 2017.
For a PDF version of the Selection Criteria please click here.