Part-Time Studio Facilitator: Papunya Tjupi Arts
6 month contract (renewable)
Papunya Tjupi Arts is an Aboriginal owned and controlled Art Centre based in Papunya, the birthplace of the Western Desert art movement, 240km northwest of Alice Springs.
Papunya Tjupi Arts has a rigorous exhibition schedule with commercial galleries nationally and internationally. Papunya Tjupi is seeking a hard working and motivated Studio Facilitator to work with the artists, workers and management to achieve our artistic, cultural and financial goals.
36 hours per fortnight on a week on-week off basis.
Mon-Thurs 9-5pm, Fri 9-3pm.
The Part-Time Studio Facilitator will be responsible for their travel to and from Papunya Community for work. Fuel allowance provided.
The salary range is $55k-60k pro rata plus 9.5% superannuation and salary sacrifice available.
Accommodation for 6 nights a fortnight and bills at the art centre studio apartment are included.
4 weeks annual leave (pro rata) Up to 4 weeks time off in lieu (TOIL) to be negotiated with manager.
Monthly fuel allowance.
As studio facilitator, you will:
- Work with the Manager to facilitate quality art production and coordinate works for consignment and exhibition
- Work closely with artists to support their artistic and professional development
- Work closely with indigenous Artsworkers, mentoring and training
- Deliver customer service and sales to visitors at the Art Centre as well as coordinate the freight and packaging of artworks for exhibition, consignment and online sales
- Ensure the maintenance and supply of art materials
- Photograph art works to the highest possible standards and catalogue artworks using the art centres database
- Update the artists stories and biographies
- Provide administration support to the Manager with regards to the general business and day-to-day operation of the Art Centre marketing and project support as instructed by the art centre manager
- Respect and encourage maintenance of indigenous language culture and tradition