Desart, Alice Springs
Applications close November 12, 2018
The Desart Strong Business Program supports art centres to run strong and sustainable businesses. We work closely with art centre managers, coordinators, and directors to help them do their jobs well, so that artists can get on with creating art of the highest quality.
Under the overall supervision and mentoring of the Strong Business Program Manager, the Strong Business Program Officer will provide support to the delivery of key Desart programs including (but not limited to) the following:
- Art Centre Resource Development
- Art Centre Human Resource Program
- Art Centre Business Support Program
- Desart events (Desert Mob, Barkly Artist Camp and Desart Art Centre Conference)
You will have impeccable arts development, project management and marketing skills. Your background may be as an artist, arts manager, cultural worker or project manager within the arts sector, government or creative industries. You may also be from a sector outside the arts but with transferable skills that will support the growth and sustainability of the Aboriginal arts and cultural sector.
Salary and Conditions
- Base salary $55,000-$65,000 dependent on experience and qualifications.
- 6 weeks annual leave plus additional leave loading and time in lieu.
- Salary Sacrifice is available after successful completion of the probation period.
- This is a 12 months contract and has the possibility of extension subject to funding and performance. Optional Study Leave and assistance available after 12 months continuous service.
How to Apply
Please download the job package for Key Selection Criteria and further information. Applicants must supply a cover letter, resume and respond to each of the selection criteria (2 page max) to be considered for an interview. Applications close 12 November 5pm. No late applications will be accepted.
Please forward applications to Carmel Young, Strong Business Program Manager, PO Box 9219, Alice Springs NT 0870 or firstname.lastname@example.org