Applications close February 18, 2019
Established in 1948, Ernabella Arts is Australia’s oldest, continuously running Indigenous Art Centre. Ernabella Arts is located in Pukatja community, at the eastern end of the Musgrave Ranges on the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara Lands (APY Lands), in the far north west of South Australia. Works by Ernabella artists are held in national public institutions, private collections. Artists from Ernabella have won and have been shortlisted in prestigious art awards such as the Telstra National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Art Award and the Indigenous Ceramic Art Award. The Art Centre participates in a comprehensive and vigorous visual art program each year and is seeking a Ceramic Studio Manager for the ceramics studio.
Ernabella Arts – Ceramic Studio Manager
- 6 month contract (renewable)
- salary sacrifice benefits (capped)
Reporting to the Art Centre Manager, the Ceramic Studio Manager will work closely with artists to develop ceramics and support their artistic and professional development. The studio manager will also support Anangu arts workers and promote the art centre locally, nationally and internationally through stockists, exhibitions, prizes and projects.
To be successful in this position the applicant must be highly motivated and evidence the ability to create ceramics and demonstrate best studio practice and management skills. You will need a highly developed sense of aesthetics and technical experience in making a variety of ceramics.
Respect and understanding of cross-cultural environments and knowledge of contemporary Aboriginal art is also required. This position requires well developed listening and communication skills.
A salary package of $50,000 – $55,00 per anum (cash component) with other competitive allowances and entitlements is offered.
Please download the Job Description and Selection Criteria. All enquiries should be made to Carmel Young firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 89562954.
Applications should include:
- Covering Letter – A summary of your background and suitability for the position – no longer than one page.
- Selection Criteria – applicants must address each of the selection criteria. Applicants that do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered.
- Resume – A summary of your education, exhibition history, ceramic skills and other relevant information relating to your ceramic practice or activities/skills which are relevant to this position.
- 20 images (max) best describing your skills as a ceramicist as a PowerPoint PDF. Please label each image with year made, techniques used and size.
- Referees – names and contact details of two work related referees.
Applications should be marked ‘Ceramic Studio Manager-Ernabella’ and emailed to Desart Program Manager, Carmel Young; email@example.com or mailed to PO Box 9219, Alice Springs, NT 0871, or hand delivered to Desart 11/54 Reg Harris Lane, Todd Mall, no later than 5pm 18 February 2019. Late applications are at the discretion of the Program Manager.