Applications close August 11, 2019
Finance & HR Manager
Desart is looking for a new full-time Finance & HR Manager to fulfil the growing needs of our ogranisation and membership. This is an exciting opportunity for a team player who is enthusiastic, innovative and ready to take on any challenge to provide financial management and human resources support to the organisation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial management -XERO data entry, budgeting, monthly reporting to the CEO and Program Managers, creditors, debtors, banking, payroll, ATO obligations, FBT annual returns, reconciliations, audit & financial statement preparation.
- Financial reporting to Desart governing committee, CEO and staff as directed by the CEO
- Monitor compliance requirements relating to business contracts and funding agreements
- Grant application and acquittals, & performance reporting. (assistance with the financial component of proposals, reports and acquittals)
- Human resources (assist the CEO with HR administration activities including compliance, policies & procedures, recruitment, contracts, WH&S and leave obligations)
- Management responsibility for the Administration Officer
- Information technology (initial help desk, contact with consultants)
- Other administration tasks (limited to activities related to finance and human resources)
Candidates for the position of Finance & HR Manager must address the following selection criteria.
- Vocational or tertiary qualification in a finance or accounting-related field
- Strong financial management and reporting skills, including budgeting, payroll invoicing, general ledger and financial reports
- Proven experience including XERO and MYOB
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of HR administration
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) with colleagues, members and stakeholders
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software and systems
- Ability to effectively work independently as well as in a group, using initiative and self-direction
- Highly developed time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in supervising staff
- Understanding of the Indigenous art and craft industry
- Experience in grant management, including budgeting for grant/funding applications and acquittal submissions
- IT problem solving skills
- BAS Agent registered or ability to obtain
Salary and Conditions
A full-time 12 month initial contract will be offered to the successful applicant with an option for further extensions based on performance and organisational funding. An attractive salary of $70,000-$80,000 depending on experience and qualifications, will be offered plus 6 weeks annual leave, leave loading and time in lieu.
- Capped salary sacrifice after a 6 month probation period
- In-house professional development opportunities
Information for Applicants
Selection involves a written application, an interview and reference checks. Successful applicant will undergo a national (Federal) police clearance check.
The selection requirements (selection criteria) are described in the position description and please only apply if yo meet the essential requirements for this position. Your application should comprise of the following documents:
- Covering letter – A summary of your background and suitability for the position should be addressed in the covering letter responding to each of the Selection Criteria.
- Resume (Curriculum Vitae) which comprises of a summary of your education, work history, professional skills and any other relevant information relating to this position.
- Referees, please provide names and contact details of three work related referees. All referees should be contacted for approval before nominating them.
Submitting your application
Your application must be marked as: Private and Confidential – Attention Nina Diment, Finance & HR Manager
Your application may be submitted as follows:
Mail: PO Box 9210 Alice Springs NT 0871
Hand delivered 11/54 Todd Mall, Reg Harris Lane.
For any further information please call Nina Diment 08 89534736
All applications must be received by 11th August 2019