Training & Employment
Desart supports Aboriginal art workers within our membership to learn, build skills and acquire knowledge relevant to working in an art centre business.
Art workers bring to their art centre expert knowledge of their community, and how things are done culturally. Some also bring local language skills. These things assist them in their work with artists, elders and managers.
Desart’s Art Worker Program offers art workers a customised program that includes:
- accredited training (four weeks per calendar year), co-designed by Desart and Batchelor Institute and delivered in partnership
- non-accredited training, including workshops in photography and the SAM database, usually delivered onsite at the art centre
- information about workplace rights and obligations
- support to develop career pathways
- curatorial workshops
- industry engagement partnerships.